How To Clean Jewellery
Care For Your Jewellery At Home
Jewellery At Ambiance is a curation of the finest hand-made jewellery by independent designers. These jewellers create their unique pieces using the highest quality materials, including genuine ancient artefacts, natural gemstones, semi precious and precious stones.
As most of these items are one-off pieces, you will want to treasure them forever. We advise you to read the following Jewellery Care Tips to find out how to clean your jewellery and help protect and maintain your beautiful jewellery from damage…
* Storage of your jewellery is very important for preservation and to make sure they remain in the best condition prior to wearing. Make sure jewellery is kept in a dark, dry and cool place, within the pouch or gift-box provided, to help reduce tarnishing, scratching and tangling. Jewellery rolls and boxes are also great accessories to store your jewellery.
* Any contact with perfumes, cosmetics or chemicals could cause discolouration to semi precious metals. Always remove jewellery while in water and avoid applying perfume or creams where your jewellery will have contact. Try to avoid extreme temperatures, humidity and sunlight too.
Silver Jewellery: How to clean sterling silver jewellery
* Silver jewellery will naturally tarnish over time, but using a soft lint-free cloth to clean silver and 18k gold will help keep jewellery looking shiny and tarnish-free.
* Silver is a bendable precious metal, so any pressure applied could cause damage. Transporting your jewellery within a box to avoid accidental external pressures can help avoid such damage.
Gold Plated Jewellery:
* Gold plated silver may naturally fade over time and it is possible for it to start fading sooner than it should, if not taken care of properly. As a precaution, it is best not to expose gold plated silver to water, perfumes or lotions.
* Most gemstones can be cleaned with a soft damp cloth after wearing, but they should never be worn around hot water, harsh chemicals or placed in jewellery cleaners. Very porous stones such as turquoise or emeralds should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only. Avoid use of tissue paper or paper towels to clean with as they can cause scratching.
* Natural gemstones may contain internal inclusions, this only adds to the beauty and uniqueness of each individual gem as no two are exactly alike.
* We will replace or repair any faulty items bought from this website within 6 months of proof of purchase.
* We offer a charged repairs service, where at all possible, for all non faulty items damaged by the wearer.
* Damage caused by general wear and tear or negligence is the responsibility of the owner.
Please see our Jewellery Returns Information here…