A gift for you or someone else, candles are one of the most enjoyable and affordable luxury items available to everyone. They are beautiful, evocative and infuse the home with colour and fragrance.
Candles create a special warmth and ambience to bring a special sense of calm and well-being too, so make sure you get the most out of them with our top tips…
1. When burning your candle for the first time, make sure it is lit for approximately two to three hours. This will form a good sized ‘melting pool’ which provides maximum scent
2. For best results, keep the wick trimmed to around 1/4 inch. Trimming the wick at regular intervals, or before each burn, will help consume the candle evenly and avoid damaging the glass by producing too high a flame. (See Wick Trimmer, here)
3. If the flame is too small, extinguish with a candle snuffer and carefully pour out excess wax
4. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish all candles, as it is the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering, or blowing on yourself and things nearby. (See Candle Snuffer, here)
5. Burning times can be extended even further by storing your candles in a cool place prior to burning
6. Allow the candle to solidify before relighting
7. Always protect the surface on which the candle rests and ensure it is lit on an even surface, away from draughts
Best Candle WINNER, The Beauty Shortlist Awards Editor’s Choice 2016
Best Home & Body Products WINNER, Sublime Magazine Awards 2015
Thoroughly luxurious and full of fragrance, which lasts the whole way through, Ancienne Ambiance Scented Candles are hand-poured in the UK using a slow-burning natural wax blend and lead free wicks.
Location: 3 Cale Street, Chelsea Green, London, SW3 3QT
Customer Services: +44 (0) 20 7117 2577
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 – 17:00, Saturday 11:00 – 15:00
Closed Sunday and UK public holidays