* When burning your candle for the first time, make sure it is lit for approximately 2-3 hours. This will form a good sized melting pool for maximum scent and creates the wax ‘memory’ for burning.
* Thereafter keep the wick trimmed to around 1/4 inch. Trimming the wick at regular intervals, or before each burn, will help consume the candle evenly and avoid damaging the glass by producing too high a flame. (View our Wick Trimmers here)
* If the flame is too small, extinguish it with a candle snuffer and carefully pour out excess wax.
* Always extinguish with a candle snuffer, the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering. (View our Candle Snuffers here)
* Burning times can be extended even further by storing in a cool place prior to burning.
* Allow the candle to solidify before relighting.
* Always protect the surface on which the candle rests and ensure it is lit on an even surface, away from draughts.
* Take care not to leave lit candles unattended.
Discover more, here on our blog.
As part of our sustainable practices we encourage you to recycle. All Ancienne Ambiance packaging can be put into household recycling bins or taken to a recycling centre. However, if you send your used Ancienne Ambiance candle glasses to us – for every six glasses we receive from you we will send you a complimentary candle in return.
What do we do with the returned glasses? When in good condition we reuse them for our sampling or batch testers, otherwise we send them for glass recycling.